Friday, April 15, 2011

Accomplishment

It was hard work.

Yes, it was hard work, but I knew it had to be done.

I put together a game plan, I divided the task up into manageable pieces, I plugged away at it every single day.

I knew everything would be better if I could just get through this. My kids pitched in when they could, but the bulk of the work was left to me. I felt very strongly that I should finish this job by myself as much as possible, so I would chip away early in the morning while everyone else was still asleep and I would get back to it once all the lights were out upstairs.

And today, today was the day I achieved my goal. I accomplished the thing I set out to do.

. . .
. . .
. . .

The Girl Scout cookies of 2011 have been eaten.

All 23 boxes.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

You are back. :) I was happy to see you on my feed. I can relate with the cookie thing. I finished off a box of Thin Mints just yesterday. :) Did you run in the race this morning? Maybe one day I'll be brave and register for the SLC race. It just always seems so early in the season and I'm a wuss when it comes to cold weather and running outside.

Neil and Steph said...

Hahahaha!! Cara, you are so flippin' funny! I'm glad I found your blog :)

Steph

rebekahmott said...

I to am glad that you are back!! I to am the martor when it comes to girl scout cokies!!! finished off a box of thin mits last night when I was alone in the dark, with only the reflection of the TV. Good times, Good times!

the Eggett's said...

not to brag or anything, but my box was finished before I even got them home.