Thursday, February 19, 2009

Back On

Welcome back, my love.

I’m post-fessionaling (posting a confession, duh. My blog = my pretend language). There are two reasons for this.

First, I received an email from a fellow comrade-in-arms yesterday, an exceptionally good man who appreciates and shares my passion for the DMD. A few weeks ago, upon hearing of my Master Plan, he too swore off the nectar. However, as is his way, he took it to the next level. Always kickin’ it up a notch, that one. He vowed to go 90 (!!) days without partaking. Yesterday was Project Abstinence: Day 41 and he was beginning to question the necessity, perhaps even the sanity, of such a project.

As his true friend, I did my best to support him by shoving him off the proverbial wagon with both hands.

HIE THEE TO THE MAV!! HIE THEE!!

So I feel compelled to tell you lovely folks who read my blog (kisses!) that I have been imbibing. I’m not back on completely, in fact, I’ve scaled my consumption levels, way, way down. Sometimes I go days (day) without one. Most of the time I only have one (liter bottle) a day. Sometimes I have even less. The Mav folks are happy once more. However, there are several new employees that have not yet been initiated into the This Girl Gets Her Drinks For Free club. It’s a real club, ask Kathy Drake. Or my dad.

The other reason for this post-fessional is that I received another email that (Understatement Alert! Understatement Alert!) I didn’t love as much as the first. The writer of Email #2 said that DMD had been affecting my brain and made me crazy. He then ‘congratulated’ me on being 2 months clean. You know what, Mr. Email #2, you can suck it. You can take your smarmy congratulations and stick it where the . . .

That’s right. I’ve gone all unlady-like on you. It bugs me that you said that, it bugs me that you email me, and it bugs me that you read my blog. I think it’s creepy. And don’t congratulate yourself on being mentioned by almost-name, because, let’s be honest, it wasn’t a positive mention.

Anyway.

Take a moment to note that while very hard to see, Angel Moroni is totally in the background of that picture. That’s a coincidence with which I cannot argue, especially because I set up the shot. Am I going to burn for that? Dude, add it to the list.

8 comments:

takealetter said...

Welcome back...I gave up giving up Diet Coke...i just gave myself rules: one a day at lunch, with a bottle of water before lunch and after lunch to, hopefully, wash out any chemicals that could ruin my digestive system. We do find ways to justify our vices, when necessary.

Good job on telling off Email #2!

Jennie said...

If it is any consolation, Ryan is back on the DMD as well. But.... on the bright side, our respected nutritionist said that as long as you are drinking your specified amount of water per day, DMD is doable. :) It may not be the perfect answer, but we'll take it and run. (to the mav that is) :)

rebekahmott said...

You are so funny. I love the photo. All in moderation is what I say, or do I say that to make myself feel better? It may not be DMD but I have chocolate to deal with. LOL Love ya!!

Jer, Er and kids said...

Well, I think that with all the hours you put in to work and lack of sleep hours...it is a good thing you are back on. How many hours of sleep does each DMD count for? Fun to see you today, I have missed you! Really!

C said...

Oh, honey! I 'm just rolling. I belong to a different church that shuns caffeine, ;o) and have been sucking down coffee like it's rationed and soon to disappear entirely from the face of the earth. I've just been thinking about cutting back because it HAS to be leaching calcium out of my bones and all this guilt isn't good for me either and, ya know, stuff...

The angel in the background is pure poetry. Enjoy your beverage, m'dear. (Insulated mug and plastic bottle clinking)

a.t.a said...

Every time I read your blog. I never exit without laughing out LOUD. You are beyond hilarious.

Unknown said...

Hi Cara, Just wanted to say "What UP?!" and that I/we miss you. You were a good friend to me, and I always miss being able to talk to a female about stare decisis and have her actually know what the hell I'm talking about. lol. I just got back from a conference in Cambridge, Mass at Harvard. Got some great books if you got the time.

Big UP!

Sione

keith said...

CJB - Okay, so I know I'm waaaay late on this one, but I wanted to pipe in (is that really a phrase? To "pipe in?" Did I just make that up?). I saw the DMD Throne on Facebook, and wanted to check up on you and the current state of your rationing. I have to tell you, I was thrilled to be mentioned (okay, so I wasn't really mentioned per se, sort of just alluded to indirectly, I know, but beggars can't be choosers, right?) in a real, true-blue internet blog. And did I see you ran a marathon? Are you just trying to make me feel weak and stupid? Seriously, good for you CJB - well done. CYK on the cheek for that one!

Unfortunately, now, in addition to YFS, there is another secret I need to crack...the secret of "Email # 2." I'll get it out of you in due time...

-- K