Mostly because lately it seems that every time I think of something to blog about . . . I realize halfway through the post that my subject matter only serves to demonstrate how lame I am. Like today. But we’re forging ahead, just the same.
So I haven’t had a good Valentine’s Day since 1993. That’s not a lie. Or an exaggeration. Holly F. and Megan C., you do the math. That’s right, Nate (my then-boyfriend) was on his mission. He made all these arrangements all the way from South Africa that his family (mostly his mom) so thoughtfully carried out in his absence so I’d still have a good Heart Day. That was awesome.
Fast forward to this past weekend. My kids were leaving again (I’m telling you, our schedule blows, plain and simple) and I was looking forward to a long weekend on my own. In the same way one looks forward to having one’s fingernails ripped out with pliers.
I was supposed to go to a very nice dinner at the Melting Pot with my friend, however, we didn't get to go. Candidly, even if we’d gone, that's not what I'm looking for, if you know what I mean. Cue U2 track now.
So I got online and did the only logical thing to do. I ordered myself up a batch of tulips. To be delivered from my children. To me. At my house. In a cute vase.
When they were delivered, Rachel seemed to know all about them but couldn’t remember placing the order.
Girl. Good thing you’re cute. Play that up.
Now I smile every time I walk past my table. Which was the point, right? At least I’m not pretending they’re from my boyfriend in a foreign country. Like South Africa.
p.s. This is not a solicitation, I swear on the Bible. Please don’t send pity flowers or cards. That would make this all the more embarrassing.



7 comments:
Once again, you are hilarious. But what's this about you being "over blogging"? Your blog are always so witty they make my day! I actually think it is cool that you ordered yourself flowers. Why not!? Heck, you are the hottest smartest funniest girl I know, and you deserve some pretty flowers to have on your table. I LOVE YOU by the way.
I know you may be over blogging and maybe your posts don't seem exciting to you, but we all love them. I love your honest take on life and how things are going. There are SO many blogs out there that are all fluff and happy stuff all the time. Really...? Is my life the only one that has ups and downs? I love when people are "keepin' it real". Thanks for adding smiles to my day. I hope you stick around the blog world.
I'm kind of over the blogging thing myself... HOWEVER, your blog is the ONLY thing I read religiously! To me, you have always been the perfect everything! I love hearing that you have toothpaste crusting your sinks and that your kids throw fits just the same as mine. I love that you send yourself flowers because I have been tempted to do the same thing once in a while! I love reading your blog because it is so Seinfield-esque! I'm tired of "Blog-fluff"! I don't care if peoples kids made the first goal in their soccer game and the 30 photos to follow it up!! You make all of us laugh (and cry) by just being YOU! I hope you don't stop blogging, but if you do, I will miss hearing about your crazy life. I guess I'll just have to call and bug you more often! ;-)
Love ya!
Sonni
I have a Valentine and you still got more things then I did, Lucky. They are nice flowers. As far as blogging goes, I agree with all the other ladies. You are funny and so honest and that is nice. Being way out here in CA it is nice to read your blogs and find out how you are doing. You have a fan club "dontcha know". But no presure! love ya
CARA I love our late night talks about who knows what!! Thanks for just stopping by you made my whole day! you rock my world!!
I'm never gonna make it through your songs because I'm going to have to keep coming and commenting, dangit!
Me. too. Me. flipping. too.
I make sure that the kids never miss a holiday -- ecards on heart day, presents on father's day, bday, Christmas... And what? My mom takes my kids out to buy chocolate for me for whatever holiday and I just wanna holler "Stop it!" I need no help with fat cells to burn. And I'd like something *else*, anyway.
Sob, whine.
Thank you for making this funny. You are NOT pathetic. And we may have to repeat that to each other regularly, but you are hilarious and well worth knowing. I'm grateful for whatever cosmic forces made our paths cross. Please write more. *Pwease.*
Erm. Feeling I must apologize for sounding ungrateful re: my mom. I love her to bits and would be lost without her, but I trust you know what I meant...
Post a Comment