Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Post Mystery

You may have noticed that I don't post as often as I used to. Basically every month in 2009 has been a two-post month, though I did have a big April, but January and September, pathetic.

In an attempt to remedy the trend that was clearly developing, I would start posts, a paragraph or two, just enough to help me remember whatever hilarious event I wanted to blog about, with every intention of getting back to finish the post and astound and amaze all my reader(s) (hi Zach! hi Abby!!) with my rapier wit and insightful social commentary.

So now, I have several drafts sitting in my post list, most of which are no longer relevant, funny or even comprehensible. For example, I have one that merely says:

tiny umbrella

What? How is that supposed to end up funny? Or socially insightful? Did I have a tiny umbrella once? Did you have a tiny umbrella once? Did I see you with it and mock you? That's not funny, at least not in the retelling. I have no idea what hilarity was supposed to ensue from a blog post entitled "tiny umbrella" and, most likely, I will never know. In the event that I have a flash of genius and recall whatever the heck I was going to write about, I will force myself to sit down right then, RIGHT THEN, and draft out the entire post. At once.

Notice how I said "draft" just now? That's because I'm a fancy-pants attorney and in order to charge what I charge per hour, I draft, I do not write.

1 comment:

rebekahmott said...

I just want to say to you fancy pants lawyer, there are us little people that find humor in you drafting. I want you to know that I love to read and see how you are doing, so If not for anyone else write it for me. LOVE YA!!!