Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Perspective

There are days when I look out my window at the tower crane across the way and think, "You know, that is a sweet gig."

Pick up this, put it over there. Pick up that, put it over there. Pick up this, put it over there. Pick up . . . hey. Something fell. Stupid guys on the ground. That's YOUR job. I'm way up here, you can't blame me if you getting squished.

Pick up that, put it over there. Pick up this, put it over there.

But today, when it snowing and the ladder is slippery and the wind is blowing so much that the whole crane is swaying a foot or more side to side and all that metal has to be freezing cold, it's not so sweet a gig. My office, on the other hand, with the heater and the soft chair and the free hot chocolate?
That is a sweet gig.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice...

rebekahmott said...

I am glad to hear that you have so joys in life, LOL.

Danae said...

I totally get this post! :) I quite liked the fact that my office has a milk AND chocolate milk machine for my dining pleasure. :) LOL. (I wish my office had a window!)