Recently, I was talking to my friend ReNee and I said something about "my five children."
What? What did I just say? Did I just say FIVE? Where did that other one come from? When/how did he/she get here? No, really, how? Dang it, I'm totally going to be on the news.
My friend called it a Freudian slip. Let’s just say that if I truly did have five children, I would characterize that as an entirely different kind of "slip." Holy whip. I’m getting light-headed just thinking about a fifth child.
Last Tuesday evening, I saw a friend from high school who is expecting her third child in October. She does not recommend pregnancy at 35. I’m guessing that she would also not recommend it at 36. Or 37. Or . . . well, you get the idea. She looks fabulous, of course, because tall, long-legged girls tend to do that. And, by fabulous, I mean that she’s got it going on upstairs, if you know what I mean. Her husband is a fan of that, to be sure.
Anyway, I love being a mom. I hope you can tell that. I hope my kids call tell that. It's not that I wouldn't ever want another baby, if the opportunity presented itself. Five just seems like a big, big, BIG number.
Particularly in light of the fact that I have no husband. Awkward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Cara - HEELLLOOOOOO - you said FIVE because you are a family of FIVE and YOU are the biggest kid of ALL!!!! The best mom's are. All there is to it.
And so - if another or another blesses your life one day - you will just simply say....I have 6 or 7 kids - and they are the luckiest kids in the WORLD!!!! (cuz they have the bestest mommy!)
Cara,
I blog stalked you from Holly's blog. It's so good to see you and catch up on what's going on in your life...it's Amy Fisher, by the way, I miss you. It looks like you are doing fabulous! Your kids are adorable....
You said five kids because you remembered that you consider my child yours, which is awkward in social situations.
HAHAHHA - I wasn't about to say anything...your number five secret was safe with me! hahahaha
But seriously, aren't all men, just really big kids? Whether your married to them or not?? The cuter they are...the more childish!
Post a Comment