Here's what I've realized about blogging: It's all fun and games until your friends actually start to read it.
My blogging has dropped off precipitously because how can I write funny/mocking/mostly true things about all you people when you're going to read them? And perhaps call me on the mocking and/or mostly truthfulness of said writing? Not funny.
And just think, it's not going to get any better when I start working and I can't write about all those folks because I could totally lose my job and then you'd have to start avoiding my calls because all I want is $50. Also not funny.
Today my friend called in a moderate panic (for her) because her brother and his wife had to go in for a semi-emergency c-section. To my ears, anything where your belly gets cut open and a baby comes out that newly made door instead of the other Official Baby Door is something more than a "semi-emergency." In any case, the mother of this friend was seven hours away from the hospital and my friend was seven states away, but the mother needed directions so instead of stopping at a gas station when she got semi-close to this semi-emergency, she called her daughter. Which makes perfect sense.
Just kidding. They were having printer issues with the directions they got online. In Illinois. So they called the daughter. In Utah. That makes perfect sense.
Just kidding again. It really does make sense, but I'd have to explain the whole thing so you'd get it and really, you're bored already. Long story just a little longer : I printed the directions in Utah and faxed them to Illinois. Because we time-traveled back to 1994, with the added bonus of Google Maps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Stop lying, it doesn't make sense. And I like your "Official Baby Door" phrase. I, like your friend, had another "Baby Door" opened in my body. It's great. If only all could experience that.
I love that instead of writing a comment here, I am writing a witty comeback.
YES, I READ YOUR BLOG. PLEASE DON'T LET THAT STOP YOU FROM MAKING FUN OF ME AND OTHERS WHO LOVE YOU.
ha. When I write in caps I sound totally serious and rude, don't I? But really, keep the jokes a comin
so...you just aint never gonna post again er what?
Post a Comment