You may be hungry. You may have really needed those veggies. I'm totally going to give you that. My purpose in writing you this letter, dear sir, is not to bring you to task for stealing our vegetables, even though we all know stealing is bad and that's precisely what you did. Even though we all saw you bring your daughter along that one time whilst you foraged amongst the greenery. What was that about? Getting her started early on a life of crime? Showing her the ropes, the best places to hide when the cops show up? I just don't know.
This community is relatively small; we're all kind of packed in here like sardines. One benefit (and sometimes, let's be honest, one drawback) is that nothing goes on around here unnoticed. SOMEBODY is always watching. I could totally name names, but you know who you are. This ever-vigilance means that you, Mr. Drunk, totally got busted.
This past summer, some of the more active (activist?) members of our community decided to coordinate a community garden. My kids and I decided that we wanted to participate, so we paid our fee and laid claim to a 4x6 plot of land. I haven't had anything remotely resembling a garden since I was a Brownie Scout (and trust me, that didn't resemble a garden either), so I was the Village Idiot when it came to gardening technique. Luckily, the more soil savvy participants held my hand, gave me advice, and cheered me on all summer long. Certain of those Soil Savvies also watered for me when I'd forget. Or turn my water off when I'd forget. Thanks, guys. Count that as your Home Teaching. Oh wait, you did.
Just so you know, we are going to plant again next year, though we'll request a spot a little further away from the Crazy Jungle plot (just kidding Phil and Tiff!) and I'm going to work harder to find those strawberries for Rachel. If you have any requests for veggies that you're particularly fond of, I'm happy to consider adding them to our repertoire. However, could you maybe weed every so often, just as a courtesy? I'd appreciate it. Think of it as your contribution to the cause.
Sincerely,
The Lady with the Best Cherry Tomatoes, At Least the Ones I Got Were, How Did You Like the Ones You Got?



4 comments:
Wow! Do you ever rest Cara? Actually, that looks like a lot of fun. By the way, I'm blog tagging you! If you feel like doing it, check mine for da rules. Talk to you soon!
Sonni
Our neighborhood drunk guy asked me very loudly from the street last night as he took his little accomplice - I mean daughter - if I was knocked up.......I said a little! Isn't he a treat!!!!
Ummmmm,if it was me just know I wasn't drunk; just CRAZY!
Totally off topic by I did a post on Bushman and intellectualism. I found a great quote that I wish more attorney's would live by. THought, I'd share, feel free to unload if you disagree. Just go over to my blog.
""I long ago learned that it is better to flow with the evidence than to compel compliance with one's preformed ideas." BYU Studies, My Belief pg 26"
Big UP!
Post a Comment