Friday, December 12, 2008

Heavenly Help

Last night during Spen's prayer: " . . . and help us to drink lots of water, and help us to make sure we do our homework, and help us to not say bad words that start with "O" . . . "

Afterwards, I asked what swear words start with "O" because I certainly couldn't think of any. All three big kids knew exactly what he meant. And happily gave me examples.

Rachel: "Oh my ____"
Zach: "Oh, you little ____"
Abby: "Oh my holy ____"

At least they didn't actually say any bad words, they just did the meaningful head tilt/big eyes/whispered "you know" thing.

Good parenting.

4 comments:

The Bornies said...

Niiiiiice! We must use some of the same parenting techniques!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Sonni

meagan said...

I really don't have much of a witty comeback but to say that at least your swear words don't start with "F."

Cheerfully Charmed said...

Baaaaaaaaa ha ha! You're kiddies are so freakin cute!!! I need to come over and show them some real cuss words! :)

meg 'n' rich said...

Your kids are too funny! I love prayers that sort of take on a life of their own. So cute. I also love that your older kids have already learned to sensor language. Hilarious.