Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Cards 2009

Have I mentioned recently how much I love my sister-in-law Sara? First of all, she's a perfect match for my fab brother (and won't he be thrilled!! when he finds out I called him "fab") and she's so nice to my kids -- we're all just in love with her.

Second, she's our Official Picture Girl. Without her, our Christmas card photo would be the grainy cell phone pictures that I lamely snap and call "Scrapbooking via iPhone." Like this:

This is from our Labor Day trip to San Diego. That's the extent of my scrapbooking.
Last week, I wore red and black to work because Sara and I planned a little Christmas photo shoot in the afternoon and hey, I'm so not getting dressed twice in a single day. Unless one of the outfits is my pajamas. Which gives me an idea for next year's picture . . .
The kids were great sports, agreeing to put on Sunday clothes on a weekday, and at least attempting to smile nicely for the camera. Zach claims he forgot how to smile a regular smile. We believed him. Pictures don't lie.
Anyway, this is all Sara's handiwork. The last one is for the people who reads this blog but aren't on my Christmas card list -- it was the final choice for the Official Card. The others are just good pictures.
I chose this for the Official Card essentially because of Abby. That hip/hand sassiness totally won me over. Although, Rachel's feet were a very close second favorite feature. Spen's hair is kind of a wardrobe malfunction. I swear we left the house with it nicely fixed, but on the way to Lagoon Lane (the lovely backdrop for this year's photo), there was some sort of sweater incident and we ended up with this crazy fauxhawk situation. Zach's smiling issue has already been discussed. This was one of the best ones of him. Seriously. That kid.

Sara makes us look good, that's for sure. Thanks Sara, my Sara, for taking our family picture once again. We love you super much.

8 comments:

Nick and Melanie Munns said...

K, your christmas card picture is STUNNING, you are so gorgeous. I think I just stared at it for like 5 minutes the other day when I got it. You have a great family!!!

Jennie said...

I'm so glad you posted all of the pics. I love all the different shots. Seriously - your card is one of my favs from the season. Well done for having such a gorgeous family and Sara - your work is magical. I love the setting, the light, the candid shots, etc. Once upon a time I had a link to her photo blog. You'll have to post it again. I would love to admire her other work.

I hope you guys have a wonderful holiday!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! how cuuuuute!
i love your girls, they are sassy and stylin. you all look so good.
merry christmas!

Erica said...

You are ALL adorable! Or, should I say fab? Merry Christmas!!

C said...

Look at your gorgeous group! And Sara totally rocks -- how neat that her talent can be added to your lovely family.

Hope your holidays are grand.

Four Winns said...

Lookin' so good! I am always a fan of sass. That place behind Lagood is where we used to go to take pictures all the time. My mom said she got your card and told me how cute you looked. I'm glad I got to see it too. Now I'm sorry I didn't know your address earlier or I would have send you our picture. We found Christmas cards for free this year so it may be the only year I do them. The family picture is up on my blog now so it's about the same as getting a card from me. Hope your Christmas was happy!

Four Winns said...

Did I just say 'Lagood' instead of Lagoon? How embarassing.

rebekahmott said...

Wow can I just say I love, love all of the pictures. Your kids are growing up fast and you are looking good!!! I hope you had a GRAND Christmas and Happy New Year. I think of you often and hope you are happy!! You deserve to be!