Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Smack

So I got four New Year's kisses.

Oh no, no, no. I'm not that girl. Dang it. My children (minus the one who fell asleep early and gave me a lovely dragon breath kiss this morning) and my father.
We had a little impromptu party over here to ring in the new year. For an impromptu party, there was a ridiculous amount of delicious food. That I am still eating, of course. See two posts ago. Anyway, we played the Wii, we laughed at the "dancing" and "singing" (naming no names, of course), and at the very competitive face-off between Kathy and Abby over a New Moon game.

Now, about those four kisses. While I love love LOVE kisses from my kids, and my dad is forever the gentleman, I would have liked a different kind of kiss. I thought about kissing Kathy, but it would have been a completely platonic, entirely appropriate kiss, of course. Kind of like the female version of football players smacking each other's butts. However, since neither Kathy or I had on our jerseys or shoulder pads, I thought better of it. You're welcome, Jason. That was me being respectful. Because I could tell she totally wanted me to kiss her. Or smack her butt.

Anyway, it's been my New Year's Resolution every single year since 2004 that THIS would be my year for the hot, titillating, toe-curling New Year's kiss.

Cross your fingers for me.
Or turn around and bend over.

3 comments:

Kristin and Tyler said...

Awesome. You may give me a "good game" smack on the can any old time!

meagan said...

If I would have known a kiss was possible, I would have totally stayed. But I would have made it even better and given you a smack on the butt at the same time because that's just the kind of friend I am.

Kathy said...

You could have TOTALLY kissed me- and I think Jason would have been MORE than OK with it! :) We are that kind of friends!! Smack on the fanny is good too- it was a fun night. Thanks for not mentioning me in regards to the not so great singing- we all know it was me.