There's this relay race called the Wasatch_Back that goes from Logan to Park City. Teams of twelve (crazy) or six (completely insane) people run 3 legs each, for as long as it takes to finish. 24 hours, 36 hours, whatever.
My "friend" (Really, is she my friend? If she really loved me, would she want me to risk leaving my children motherless?) Sara has organized a team and in a moment when I'd apparently completely lost my mind, I agreed to participate.
We had a Team Meeting tonight and luckily, the other girls on my team took one look at my butt and gave me the easiest legs. Seriously. I'm Runner Two -- this is my first_leg, second_leg, and third_leg. Look at this. Or this. Why, why, WHY would you do that? I just don't know.
Last week, we had to send in our per mile time and then the organizers assign you a start time based on your team's average pace. I guess they want everyone to finish at roughly the same time. The relay takes place June 20-21 . . . I'm guessing that our start time will be sometime in the middle of May.
In all honesty, the main reason I went to the meeting was to see if I was the fattest girl there. Don't worry. I totally was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
OH CARA!! (I know the Wasatch Back race....some friends have done it) CRAZY!!! Erik will be totally jealous though. He's been wanting to do that one. Hey, I can put a cute blond wig on him and see if he can join your group!! ( I think he may make kind-of an ugly girl though...thankfully!!) Good Luck, you are my absolute hero!
Love, Sonni
Wow Cara!!! You have guts I had to reread it to find out how long it was and all I can say is DANG!!! I just did my first every 5K and I will stay with that for awhile. Good Luck and may the force we with you!!
Cara maybe you are completely insane but we love and understand CRAZY!! You never cease to amaze me!!
Post a Comment