You know that part in "Pretty in Pink" when Andie and Blane are standing in the headlight glare of Blane's BMW and he says "If I was in a Turkish prison, I'd have a good time if I was with you."? And then Andie is worrying about whether or not they're going to work out because she's poor and he's rich, and he asks her to prom, and she just starts kissing him?
My best friend Tasha Taylor and I watched that movie 10 billion times when we were in junior high. Seriously, 10 billion. We wore out the VHS tape. I would rewind that part over and over, loving how it made my tummy do that flippy, roller-coasty, woo-ooo-ooop thing. Every single time I watched it, I got that woo-ooo-ooop feeling. And then when I got older (way way older, Dad. Wink wink.) and got kissed myself, my tummy did the same thing. Almost every time.
Yesterday I happened to turn on the TV and "Pretty in Pink" was on, and I caught it just in time to watch the headlight part --- but my tummy didn't do the flippy thing.
Am I broken? If so, I'm getting that fixed, stat. I love the woo-ooo-ooop.
Happy Valentine's Day. I hope you get the woo-ooo-ooop today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment