Yesterday we decided to drive up to Rexburg to the LDS Temple Open House. I'm here to tell you, traveling with my kids has always been enjoyable. Honestly, I love going on road trips with them. But we have reached a WHOLE NEW LEVEL of travel enjoyment -- thanks to the magic of the DS. Almost seven hours in the car and everyone was so dang happy. Hooray!!
The party downtown was on the news so we headed south -- thank you, Best Job in the World, for the awesome parking place -- and stayed until midnight. Everyone was pretty tired but we made it until the ball dropped and the fireworks show was over.Abby is practical, Rachel is currying favor, Zach is aiming low and I...well, I'm trying. Happy New Year everyone.....hopefully we'll all accomplish what we set out to do. Or figure out a way to make what we get done fit what we resolved. You know, like reverse engineering.
In case you were wondering...only two of these pictures were taken with my phone. The rest were taken with my very own camera. That's right, I remembered it. However, the battery ran out. Shocker. I'm a failure with the photography thing. What can I say?
Sara took family pictures of us last week and I hope to have them soon. She's so good -- I feel sad that she had such a pathetic subject (me) with which to work. The kids all look great. I look like a giant nose. That's my mental picture of myself...one giant nose with legs and arms, like on that commercial about cold medicine. She did take a candid one of us on Christmas Day that I really like....I'll put it up and you can play "Guess Why Cara Likes It." You will win.



3 comments:
Loooooooooooooooooooove it!
-Wheezy the Dragon
too funny. those resolutions kill me.
will have the photos ready for you soon, i promise! also, what in the world are you talking about with the nose thing? that was harsh - and so NOT true! (but funny, of course).
also, nice music on the blog, cara!
So gald I found your blog! I love your kids resolutions! They are such a hoot. It was so fun to see you last Sept. Need to do it more often!
Post a Comment