Friday, January 25, 2008

RHGIMBRC

I must apologize to anyone who inflicts this blog on himself or herself : my life is so boring right now that I have nothing remotely funny, informative or even salacious to fill my posts.

That's just a disclaimer. I should have said it earlier.

Since I can't ever remember which work stuff I can tell and which stuff I can't, my general approach has been to only talk about it. That way nothing is in writing and I have plausible deniability. Just kidding. I would never do that -- I love my job too much.

Anyway, since I don't dare talk about work, I don't see my kids enough right now to have any good stories about them and I made a promise that I would not tell bad stories involving certain "characters" (although I have an AWESOME/AWFUL one that I'm dying to tell, but you're going to have to call me for that one), that only leaves what goes on at my bar review class.

My bar review class is made up mostly of people who went to law school outside of Utah. Since the February exam is kind of the "off" exam (most people take the bar in July), there aren't many people here. There's a guy in here who is probably AT LEAST ten years younger than I am and I have the most 7th-grade-girl crush on him. We sit on the same row every night and I have to resist just staring at him all night long. What am I, twelve? Apparently. He's only said two things to me and I've already got the introduction for my Sacrament Meeting talk that I give in our new ward after we get married all planned out. (p.s. I'm kidding)

It goes something like this:

"My name is Cara and my husband is Really Hot Guy in My Bar Review Class. [That's right, I don't even know his name. Seventh grade all the way.] We met just after law school in our bar review class. I was sitting on the same row as RHGIMBRC and was sliding past to my seat when he asked me if I was going to fit. So began our love. In our next conversation, two days later, I said something witty and charming to him and he asked me if I wanted a breath mint. It's been smooth sailing ever since. I love you, RHGIMBRC, you're the best husband I've had so far!"

Don't you think that's perfect?

He also goes to church and wears his g's. My friend Jay thinks I should totally go for this guy because he drives a BMW. Which is as good a reason as any, right? The way I figure it, the odds are pretty good that he'd be thrilled to date a woman with four kids who is kind of chubby, is at least ten years his senior and has a mountain of law school debt. Get in line, buddy, get in line.

I swear I'm kidding about the Sacrament Meeting talk. But I am definitely not kidding about how cute he is.

7 comments:

The Plewe Clan said...

Any chance you could sneak a picture of the hot guy in your bar review class with a cell phone camera?? I am dying to see what he looks like! What is your new car??? Pictures please!

takealetter said...

Can Melissa come to visit? I think she should meet him...would you mind sharing RHGIMBRC? I really need someone to fall in love with her, take her mind off the one so not worthy of her and, of course, financially take her off my hands.

Ryan and Megan said...

I love reading your blog posts. I enjoy the way you write... oh so witty!

And i agree with Kelly... camera phone pictures please!

terandfamily said...

I want to see a picture. Steve wants to know if you are going to let RHGIMBRC read your blog after the Sacrament Meeting talk or before.

Anonymous said...

Cara,
You make me laugh so hard!! You are to hard on yourself, but are such a great writer. Maybe you should write a book to pay off all of your loans!! LOVE YA~

Zach said...

Cool

Tracy said...

Ok...if the law stuff doesn't work out...you must persue writing! This blog post is cracking me up! This will make the fact that I had to fish Austin's poop logs out of the tub a little easier b/c I was laughng about your post while I did it! :)

p.s. pictures please!!