Thursday, July 10, 2008

Decision 2008

It's done.

I'm staying in Utah. I've accepted a job at Workman_Nydegger in Salt Lake. I start September 2.

I've called my San Diego firm and had The Talk. Man, I did not want to have that Talk. Thankfully, they said if things changed for me, I should give them a call. The managing partner called me and actually said, "We don't hate you." Good. Because I would be so sad if they hated me and I had to sit by myself at lunch, walk alone to 5th period and sit forlornly at the front of the bus after school. That would, like, totally suck.

This is an interesting lesson I've learned. Doing the right thing isn't always the easy thing. For some reason, I keep thinking it's going to be easy, if I'm doing what's right, like somehow cosmically the heavens will give me that. Clearly, the heavens are holding out.

Wait, wait. That's not fair. The heavens are SO not holding out. I'm one lucky girl. Look at my kids. Look at my family. Look at my health, wealth and stealth (shut up, it rhymes). And yesterday? Yesterday I got to go shopping with a boy I like. And my Parking Karma held out -- we got a place on the middle street at the Gateway.

Can I just say that it's hard to be objective about how a boy you like looks in different cuts of jeans. Mysteriously, they all looked good on him.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yah...Isn't it amazing how a cute guy looks AWESOME in just about anything? I mean, they could totally walk around in in just boxers, or something as harmless as that, and look pretty great. >;-) You sooooo better keep me posted on cute jean guy!!

Jer, Er and kids said...

Can I just say I am THRILLED the right thing is for you to stay here! I am sure it was tough to face that choice and make the call. I dread things like that too. I am so lucky to have you as a neighbor and friend! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. You are already helping me so much with putting time in for me each day by letting me come and walk with you guys. It has been consistent time every day that I look forward to, so THANK YOU! I just love spending time with you, you are so fun to be with which is why "cute boy" went shopping with you, and can't stay away!

The Hardy Family said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you are staying, now we can start digging that underground tunnel between our houses that we have been planning for years! and... Yeah! for cute boys.

Mashelle said...

I'm so glad you are going to stay. If you left, who would I cut class and complain about life with?? And YEA for cute boys that look good in jeans!

Chief Kaholoaa said...

I'm going to ignore the previous comment especially when she just told me last night to go buy some Khaki pants. Back to the post you forgot to mention you're wonderful neighbors. I was sent here for you and none other. So I'm glad you're staying.

rebekahmott said...

Well San Diego is just as far from me as Salt Lake. It is fine with me just fine with me (quote for swan princess.) So for your families sake and everyone else that is glad your staying there I am happy for you and them nanenane. I have to say that I am grateful for this blogging thing so I can still read your funny thoughs!! Ane laugh like you are talking to me. I love you and am glad that you are doing it!! And the boy in jeans tell me more tell me more??????????

keith said...

Well, well, well. Look at this - little Cara J. Baldwin from down the street is now a big-shot lawyer? And a tech-savvy blogger to boot? Who'd a thunk it? Congratulations on your new job! I hope you spend the month in full celebration mode. I'm sure you've earned it. I couldn't be more happy for you and your beautiful family. Say hey to Mom, Dad, and Dick for me - I always liked those guys.

Okay, so, after all these years, can you please just tell me what YFS stands for? I'm sure its "Your Father's Sunshine," but you'd never admit it. I'd try to beat it out of your dad, but he's tougher than me. So, appealing to nostalgia is my last hope. You don't want to crush my hope, do you?