Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gap-Toothed Gator

Spen lost his very first tooth last night. He was horrified to see quite a bit of blood while brushing, so we decided it was time for the old "dental floss/slamming door" trick. Luckily, I’ve gotten significantly better at attaching the dental floss to the loose tooth since Zach was losing his teeth, so the whole operation only took about 2 minutes. I think it took us 2 hours with Z. Sorry, buddy, you’re my guinea pig on everything.


Looking at that little space in his mouth, I realize for the billionth time that my babies are getting so grown up. We are all officially big kids now. Losing that first tooth is a rite of passage, ushering in a new phase filled with big kid stuff. Cub Scouts, driving, and teenage rebellion are just around the corner. Remember, Spenny, Mommy always says you can be anything in the world.

Except a defendant.

6 comments:

meg 'n' rich said...

What a cutie. Way to go Spen!

It was so fun to see you, your cute kids and parents on Saturday! You need to dig out your mom's old pics of that Timp hike. It was a fun trip. Sorry you don't remember it!! :)

Jenna Kaholoaa said...

Hey i have a new blog send me a email at skittlesluvr15@yahoo.com then ill send you an invite!!

Jer, Er and kids said...

I love the cute pictures. He came right in and showed Jackson and I that he had lost his tooth. I can't believe he is old enough to be losing his teeth which means it could be right around the corner for Jackson as well, Crazy! Thanks for the help this morning taking Jer to trax, you're the best!

meagan said...

It seems like a pretty barbaric way to remove a tooth. I think I'm going to call DCFS on you and then I will watch from my bedroom window, while eating popcorn, when it all hits the fan. Or maybe I will just do the same thing when my kids loose teeth. Only time will tell.

Mashelle said...

Congratulations Spen on losing your first tooth!!

Asay Family said...

Cara - you found me! I have a blast surfing blogs! I think your fun personality is the best - and your blog is truly a hoot to read! Everything you say is so well said!

Hope all is well with you and yours. Congrats on the job!

Marty