Friday, July 11, 2008

I'm buying what you're selling

There's a guy in a town just north of here posing as a door-to-door salesman who is flashing women and trying to fondle them when they open the door.

Dear Flashing Salesman,

Drive south.

Sincerely,
Cara


Just kidding.

Last night I went to a baby shower for a super cute friend of mine. She's having her first baby and it made me realize that I am an old lady. Seriously, she got all these gifts that I don't even think were invented when I had my kids. What's up with that? How are they inventing new things for babies? Haven't babies been around for a while? I bought her diapers, because I'm lame and practical.

We all wrote down questions for the expectant mother that she had to answer as she opened gifts.

Holy whip. H-o-l-y w-h-i-p.

Dirty.

I decided I probably ought not go to events like that anymore . . . I get all hot and bothered just listening!

Clearly, this post has a theme. Clearly, this theme is not family-friendly. Clearly, I should get back to work.

5 comments:

The Hardy Family said...

dang it! i missed the dirty parts??? i always miss the good stuff!!

the Eggett's said...

I was just laughing so hard. I still am laughing so hard that it is difficult for me to type. Okay, I'll be the first to admit that conversation was not exactly appropriate. Let's just say I learned quite a bit about people, things that I shouldn't know.

my favorite line was

PREGO ATTENDEE: how many kids do you have?

YOU: Four

OTHER FRIEND: and NO HUSBAND!

the Eggett's said...

p.s. I want to invite you to my blog, but I don't have your email. send it to me pretty please . . . .

amberdonn@gmail.com

www.eggettbabies.blogspot.com

Lindsay Cutler said...

You make me laugh so hard. Honestly, you are HILARIOUS. THank you so much for all of your help tonight... I truly appreciate everything, i mean EVERYTHING you do. You are wonderful.

Michelle said...

Cara you make me laugh! Good times..and I think you should still go to things like that..even if you get "hot and bothered" :) It's good to have girl talk every once and a while right?! PS-The diapers were great!! Seriously, I had none because I didn't know what kind to buy every time I was standing in the store thinking about it! You are great, thank you for making everyone smile.