About three weeks ago, I was crossing the street on my way to work and I fell. Now, I work downtown and I was making my way across a very busy intersection, lots of cars, lots of fellow cross-walkers (kind of like cross-dressers, but not), and I fell. I wish I could say it was snowy or icy or somebody pushed me....but that would be lying.
So besides my pride, my knee was a little banged up. Then, two weeks ago, when my knee had just about healed, I fell again during my Saturday morning run. It was very early in the morning and I only saw two or three cars on the entire seven-mile run....with the exception of the FOUR CARS (I kid you not) that were right there when I fell. Embarrassing? Yes. But I hopped up, mostly out of shame, and kept running.
Three nights ago, I climbed out of bed and somehow got the big toe on my right foot caught in the left hem of my pajama pants (don't ask, I have no answer) and dropped like a sack of potatoes, directly on my almost-healed knee onto my tiled bathroom floor. Ow. Split that baby right open.
Then this Saturday, my first run after my "injury", I fell again. I had my iPod so I'm pretty sure I yelled even louder than I realize...but whatever. Like I could embarrass myself any more. Again I hopped up and ran another 4 miles (you're so proud of me!!) and then took this lovely picture once I got home. Just to prove my toughness. Because proving the clumsiness? Done.



4 comments:
Don't worry Cara...ON MY WAY to my 1st 5K with my sisters I feel off the curb and totally twisted my ankle. I hadn't even begun the race and I was already in pain...not a good omen. I pretty much fall a lot and Jeff just turns a blind eye to it to minimize my embarssment. Jeff's mom tripped from the top stair on the stand at church on her way back from making an annoucement in Sac. Mtg. She and her papers went flying. It was so funny!!
I am totally proud of you for running through the pain!! Are you training for something?
Excellent job...That knee looks terrible! I think you need to come to CA and run in the Mud with us...
Well what is a good scare with out a good story. The great part is you will be able to say it happend on one of you long runs!! I hope it is getting better.
It's not how many times you fall but how many times you get back up again........I am so proud of you for all your determination. I love your funny stories!
You go girl!!!
Post a Comment