Thursday, February 28, 2008

Gratitude and Borrowed Funny

Oh my gosh.

I'm done. I really hope I never have to do that again.

First and foremost, a deep, heartfelt thank you to everyone who sent prayers heavenward. I swear on a stack of Bibles, I felt it. I also had good luck texts, emails, phone messages, treats at my door, flowers on my table and A CLEAN HOUSE WHEN I GOT HOME (thanks, ReNee and the girls, you're unbelievable!!). With friends like all of you, who needs a husband?

(hint : me)

Anyway, don't ask me if I passed. I'll volunteer that information if it becomes available. But hopefully I'll be busy during the lunch hour on May 23rd, when the swearing-in ceremony takes place. And, if I AM in fact busy, you're all totally invited. We can go over to my work afterwards and have cake and ice cream in the jury room. I'm sure the Judge won't mind.

So we're trying to get back to normal, back on our schedule, back in the swing of things. The big kids have decided that school lunch is just too disgusting for words, so we brokered a deal . . . now that the Bar is over, they're allowed to bring home lunch. It's up to them to make it, but I have ultimate veto power if they don't pack adequately. Last time we tried home lunch, Abby insisted on making her own . . . I lost count of how many times her teacher called asking if I knew all she had for lunch was a Capri Sun. Or a single mini pretzel. Luckily, the teacher knew me, so she didn't call DCFS.

Anyway, I'm kind of burned out . . . so there's nothing left for the funny. I have some really hilarious law student humor I could inflict upon you, but really, why? If you wanted that, you'd have gone to law school yourself. But you're all A LOT smarter than that.

I know!! My co-clerk Tom showed me this hilarious blog today : www.stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com.

Go there. Laugh your little hearts out. Pretend I wrote it.

Ok, I can't resist just one law joke. But it's really all for Jay, because nobody else was there.

"Equal Protection is the American way."

Kisses.

4 comments:

The Skeen's said...

I am so glad that is over for you!! I know that you did amazingly well and you will definitely be busy May 23. Many prayers went heavenward on your behalf and we love you very much.

Jennie said...

I'm so glad it is over for you. I'm sure you were great. Congrats on being done

Anonymous said...

I bet it feels good to be done. Congrates on a job well done. I was sad to read this one only because it sound like you are saying goodbye to blogging. I hope that was because you were tired and your brain was not thinking, because you will be back? Right??
love ya,
Rebekah

C said...

So now that you're done with the bar you can write more here, right? Right??

We're cheering for you and we'll toss some confetti around noon your time 5/23.

Congrats.