Our prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley, passed away last Sunday. We all love him very much and will miss him -- but I think everyone is so happy that he's with his wife, his family and his Heavenly Father. Our lives were blessed more than we can express by his leadership and by his example.His viewing was open to the public. I decided that this was an opportunity not to be missed, so we got dressed up in our Sunday clothes Thursday morning and went to the Conference Center. President Hinckley was the driving force behind the Conference Center, hence the departure from tradition (every other prophet's viewing has been in the Tabernacle) was most appropriate. We got lucky (thank you Parking Karma) and got a parking spot at a meter right in front of the building that already had time on it and were able to walk right in to the Hall of Prophets, no waiting in line. Even Spen was touched by the Spirit and we felt very, very blessed to be able to see our prophet one last time.
We've had ridiculous, snowy weather but the view across the valley from the Conference Center's upstairs windows was absolutely unbelievable : snow-washed air, blue sky, white mountains. I cannot imagine my life without the Gospel and the knowledge this life is not the end. We are a blessed, fortunate people, indeed.
I got an email tonight that had a challenge to read the Book of Mormon in 97 days, in honor of our beloved prophet and his long, full, life. The kids and I decided we were up for it and so we signed on.
You can too: http://www.hinckleychallenge.com/.
Our progress is charted above and if we fall behind -- send us a friendly email reminder!



1 comment:
I am so jealous that you got to go...I would have loved the chance for my boys to experience that! LUCKY MAGIC FIVE
Post a Comment