Today Spen and I were hanging out for a bit before the big kids got home from school. This doesn't happen often, since I work full-time, but this week I'm home, studying for the bar. We were on the couch, the fireplace was on, we'd just gone to Mav...it was pretty much a perfect little vignette.
Looking up at me fondly, Spen says, "I know who I want to marry." I smile, thinking that I know the answer to this for sure....
"Aunt Sara."
I loved that answer as much as the one that I thought was coming (me), because I love Sara too and I love that she's so good to my kids . . . so good that Spen wants to marry her. He was barely one when she met him and then she was our nanny while my parents were in India, and she makes a huge fuss over Spen whenever we see her, so it makes perfect sense that he'd love her so much. She potty-trained him -- for that alone I will never be able to repay her -- so they have a particularly special bond.
I reminded him that she was already married to Uncle Dick and he might have something to say about Spen hooking up with his wife (of just over three years -- congratulations, you two!!).
"Ok. I won't marry her. Mom, I can't wait for you to die, so they can be my parents."
I did not love that so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Well.... at least you can be secure in knowing they approve of your will and who you have chosen as guardians. :) So funny - yet again.
Oh my gosh! I think that the fact that he wants you to die...well, funny in its own little way! I love that every post is you and Mav in some fashion...either you with the kids or you getting asked out...what could be better!
That ending comment made me almost fall off my chair! I swear..if you decide to go a different route from the law thing...PLEASE write a book I can read. You have the funniest stories and such great wit!!
Post a Comment