(note: I don't typically think of my children as equipment and props. I promise.)
Yesterday, the First Saturday Of Freedom in I don’t know how long, the kids and I decided to go on a little Sneak Away. I booked a room at the Little America because staying in a hotel 20 minutes from home makes all sorts of sense. On our way out the door, Spen asked if we were going to Mav on our way to Salt Lake. Everyone stopped dead and looked at him quizzically . . . really? He’s asking that? Is he new? Is this his first day as a kid in this family?
It occurred to me as I pulled in that Mav Guy would likely be working, seeing as it was Saturday. It also occurred to me that because the kids have been at their dad’s for the last 3 weekends (every other weekend, but holidays trump weekends, President’s Day was his holiday this year . . . blah blah blah . . .) that maybe Mav Guy hadn’t seen me with my kids. Everyone else who works there knows that I’m a mom, but it was entirely plausible that he didn’t know. After all, he is relatively new there.
So imagine my delight as I watched his expression as they all trooped in (remember, he knows my car so he saw me pull in) with me following behind. By the time Spen and I crossed the threshold, his eyes were quite literally bugging out of his head.
“Are these all yours? How many do you have? You’re a mom?”
I have solved the problem of Mav Guy.
These are a few shots of our Sneak Away -- Zach at the pool, Abby in the car on the way there and Spen and Rach making good use of the mirrors by the elevators. We're not shy.



4 comments:
LOL. Your glad that he doesn't know you really well or your kids, because that would not stop him!!
keep smiling, love beebah
I would have loved to see the MAV mans face...good plan! Now you can visit your favorite place without worrying about his lurking and creepy eyes watching you! I think your get away sounds awesome!
Great idea to get rid of MAV MAN. I really wish I could have seen his face!! I agree with anonymous, however, be careful that he doesn't get to know all of you too well because that won't stop him.
Fun get away!
loving shirtless spen...
Post a Comment