Saturday, March 29, 2008

Child Rearing Tip #79

Spen tied himself to the banister today with a jump rope. For real. He couldn't get loose.

I'm thinking of buying more jump ropes.

Here are two of the family pictures Sara took over Christmas. What do you think? I'm aghast at this first one for at least 2 reasons. First, hello, my shirt is see-through. You can totally see my g's. Holy whip. I'm having a Celebrity Moment because I'm being photographed in something that shows my undies -- too bad my Celebrity Moment would land me square in the Fashion Police section of US Weekly. Not that I read US Weekly. Ok, yes I do.

Second, what's going on with my tongue? Seriously.

Also, Zach looks vaguely cross-eyed, but that isn't really anyone's fault. The first two things, though, those are totally my bad. Lame.

Sadly, in this second one, Zach looks cross-eyed again . . . because, apparently, he is. And Abby looks like she's hatching a Master Plan (perhaps an Evil Master Plan) . . . because, apparently, she is.

Spen looks like a baby recruit for the Third Reich.

I think we'll go with this one. Hooray for Aunt Sara.

Poor Sara. We don't properly showcase her abilities. Next time she should try the monkeys at the zoo. They'd likely be more cooperative.

4 comments:

Wanna be farm girl said...

AAAHHHHH...you beautiful woman...if I was gay.....

(hehe)

The Bornies said...

I think you're right about #3... However after the commentary about #2, it may be my Fav! ;-) I might have to kidnap Sara from you guys so she can try to get "useable" photo of my "photogenically challenged" family. (Not sure if it's really possible even with someone that talented!)
Sonni

Tracy said...

Even with the funny commentary...I love the pics. Each one has such a funny aspect to it that captures something great about your kids! The jumprope story about Spen is killing me! :) He is too funny! I think he and Carter (kelly's little guy) would be quite a pair together!

The Skeen's said...

Loved the pictures and of course the commentary was wonderful! I agree with Tracy, I think Carter and Spen would be downright dangerous together - but boy would they have fun!! I remember threatening to tie McKay to his bed in his room because he would just take off and I could never find him. I did buy a large very scary thing of rope and I think he is traumatized to this day.