So the Mav Guy situation has taken a turn for the worse. Much, much worse. The thing is, I can't decide whether to be flattered because someone SO much younger than I am thinks I'm worth hitting on, or if I should just be completely freaked out. Even as I write this, I'm deciding that being flattered is really just a sad, sad commentary on my self-image. But, hey, whatever.
He asked me for my number the other day. I just stood there for an awkwardly long second . . . sizing him up.
"How old are you? Because I'm old enough to be your mother. Almost."
"It doesn't matter how old I am. I just want your number. Please?"
Seriously, if you could have heard the 'please,' you would have laughed. Or cried . . . I couldn't decide which to do either.
"Buddy, seriously, how old are you?"
"Twenty-one."
HOLY WHIP. HE WAS IN KINDERGARTEN WHEN I GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL. As much as I'd like to think that I'm channeling my inner Demi Moore, he's no Ashton Kutcher. And, let's be honest, I'm no Demi. Although if I could afford as much "work" as she's had done, I totally would be.
Anyway, the upshot of all of this is that now both my dad and I get free refills. Bonus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Awesome. You can't beat free refills. :)
ha! i can't wait to meet this mav guy... because you know next time we're in town, first thing we're doing is stopping in to see him. :)
This guy really is something else. Definitely no number but free refills, well that sounds pretty good.
LOL!! No aston, and Demi oh you are funny!!! 21 Crazy, flattering but scary. Maybe he thinks he can get you drunk enough on MD that you will say yes!!! LOL LOL LOL
Is there anyway you could snap a cell phone picture under cover and post it on your blog. I know...have your kids go in there and say their doing a story for school about different jobs and they need his picture. We gotta see this guy!
I really, REALLY, really hope it's not the mav guy who says, 'with a vengeance' ALL THE FRAKKIN' TIME!
Post a Comment