Ok, I’m totally posting this from work. Should I be doing this? No. Clearly no. However, I’m also leaving straight from work to go visit My Friend Maria in California, so if I don’t do this now, it might be the middle of next week before I post again and really, do you want to wait that long? I’m talking to you, all three of you who read this blog regularly. And by "three of you," I mean "two of you" – me and Zach.
But really, it’s ME who does not want to wait. Because I have Something Spectacular to tell.
This morning, I totally ran 10 miles. That’s right. I said TEN MILES. My neighbor across the street ran the first five with me and then I had the fortitude to keep on going and do another five. Who knew? When I finished, I threw my arms in the air and belted out the Rocky song at full volume. Then I pulled out my cell phone and drunk-dialed (you know, drunk on the endorphins) pretty much everyone I could think of. I’m also working it in to every single conversation I have.
"Hi. I’ll have the meatball sub. Because today I ran ten miles and I’ve totally earned it."
"Good morning, Judge. The hearing this afternoon has been cancelled. But I ran ten miles anyway."
"Thanks, but I don’t want to donate to the Foundation for Homeless Ferrets. And if you need someone to run ten miles for a ferret, I won’t do that either, because I’ve already done it once today."
I’m so dang excited for the half marathon – only 2 more weeks. The kids talked to their dad on Wednesday about coming down to watch me finish (it’s his weekend) and he called yesterday . . . it looks like he’s maybe going to let them come!! I’m super happy and very grateful that he’s willing to do that. Wow!! I’m just FULL of the love, aren't I?
"Hi. This is a refill. Also I ran ten miles." One guess where I said that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Congratulations. I can barely do one.... so 10.... that is awesome!
Cara I am so dang proud of you!!!Ten miles is no smnall thing. you have really stayed after this and it is quite an accomplishment. Have fun this weekend.
We love you,
Linda
You rock! I hope someday we can run 10 miles together in the totally way cool place we are going to live. If I ever can run 10 miles you had better come and run with me WHEREVER I live!
Contrates on the 10 miles that is Way Cool. The best part about it is you wanted to go farther!! That is very inspiring. I would brag about it all day to! WAY TO GO. Have fun on your trip, if you don't come and see me I will understand :-(
amazed.......... truly amazed. and so proud!
HOORAY MAV lover...I am so proud of you. MAybe we should make you a sash that you can wear that says...Yes, I ran 10 miles today! HA HA HA
Post a Comment