Thursday, April 10, 2008

Whiff of desperation

Yesterday I had my annual Grown_Up_Girl visit to the doctor. I moved it to April because February is so freaking lame.

I was a little self-conscious because . . . well, if you’re a girl, you know why. I’m out of practice as far as the humiliation that type of doctor visit entails. Ok, let’s be honest, I’m out of practice in a lot of ways, if you know what I mean. As evidenced below.

Anyway, my doctor walks into the exam room, followed by a young, non-nurse guy in a white coat. My doctor introduces Young White Coat as a fourth-year med student who is going to be starting as a resident at a local hospital in the next few months.

The exam begins, and as Young White Coat moves to stand just behind and to the left of my doctor, I notice he has no wedding ring. That’s right. I’m reduced to that. Looking at left ring fingers. So freaking lame. So I’m on the exam table, knees in the air, and I’m having to bite down really hard on my tongue because for some completely inexplicable reason, all I want to ask is:

Hey, Mr. Young White Coat, while you’re down there, if you happen to see anything that interests you . . . I am totally available.

Nice.

5 comments:

The Bornies said...

AAAAAHAHAHAHA!! I SERIOUSLY THINK I JUST PEED MY PANTS ON THAT ONE CARA!!!!! But hey, You never know when Mr. Right will pop up....Right?!?! LOL
Sonni

The Plewe Clan said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

rebekahmott said...

I laughed so hard, I fell off my chair. Oh Cara I had to share the story with my mom also and again I laughed until it hurt. Oh you are so funny.

Tracy said...

You are too funny! I love reading your blog!!! I just read a book where the main character (singale girl) ends up hooking up with her OBGYN...it could happen?!?!

Four Winns said...

You should totally watch The Waitress.