Monday, April 7, 2008

Twelve Statements

I think my brain has officially turned to mush. Sorry, Judge.

I've been having trouble lately getting what I want to say to come out of my mouth. Today, we were getting in the car and I was trying to say, "Buckle your seatbelts!" but instead "Shut the door!" came out.

The other morning, we were dashing around, trying to get out the door, and I wanted to say, "Kneel down for prayers!" Instead, it sounded exactly like I said "Get in the tub!" Mostly because that's what I did, in fact, say.

Zach observed today that I have about 12 things I say pretty much all the time . . . and rarely do I come up with the one I want on the first try. Kind of like kids' names, right, Jennie? Anyway, here's the list of 12 we came up with for Family Home Evening. Just kidding. We totally didn't do that for FHE. We went doorbell ditching instead.

1. Holy whip, we're SO LATE -- get out of bed now!
2. Brush your teeth!
3. Shut the door!
4. Absolutely not.
5. Make your bed, please.
6. Get dressed!
7. Get in the tub!
8. Buckle your seatbelts!
9. KNEEL DOWN FOR PRAYERS!*
10. I am going to karate chop you in the neck.
11. Get in bed!
12. We're going to Mav, don't complain.

So the bottom line is this, apparently, anyone can be a mother. Just learn your lines.

This is us at Disneyland last summer. It really has nothing to do with the post, other than it's of the Magic Five. And it snowed here today, so I'm a little wistful for warm weather.


*Usually at full volume. That's right. Way to invite the Spirit, Cara.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is great... I literally heard your voice in my head - perfect tone, perfect pace - while read every single one of the 12 sayings...

I love you, Cara! And your kids are the best.

Anonymous said...

(I hate that you can't edit comments on blogspot!... ignore the poor grammar!)

Jennie said...

I so hear ya on this one, only my kids are to the point that they start to roll their eyes before I even talk. They seem to already know what I'm going to say. ...and the door bell ditching, so funny! Yeah for FHE.

The Skeen's said...

This is so cute. You are the best!!

The Bornies said...

Well, as for brain deterioration....Get in line, girl...GET-IN-LINE!!!
Sonni