Last Saturday, I ran a 10K, just to practice racing and to keep on my training schedule. Dick and Sara were in town to see Grandpa J so there is even photographic evidence of the running. And look, what a coincidence -- my number is also my age!! Minus eleven.
Rachel met me about half a mile from the end of the race and finished with me. She's been begging me to let her run with me, and even has an outfit all picked out, which is obviously the most important part. So starting next week, we'll be the Dynamic Duo. Or Trio. Or Quad. Or Quint. Whichever. The other kids opted to wait a little closer to the finish line. Abby is hilarious to me because she's got her purse and her sunglasses on . . . a little too cool for the running thing.
Clearly, last Saturday was pretty much awesome. It was a kids' weekend, I ran this race, found out about the bar and got to bed before 10p.m. That never happens.
Thirty-six more hours and I'll be about halfway through my first half-marathon. I'm equal parts super excited and super nervous. My top three concerns:
1. Not finishing
2. Peeing my pants because I've had four children
3. Peeing my pants because I finished
Two of those are totally going to happen.



5 comments:
WOOOHOOOO! I am so excited for you!! Love that you are a runner lady. Don't worry about the peeing thing...it happens to me all the time. If you do wear shorts (not sure if it is warm enough) make sure to get vasoline or glide stick...my thighs were chaffing like YOU KNOW WHAT when I did my 1/2 last Sept. I CAN NOT WAIT to hear your tales!! My mantra when I ran my 1/2 was, "Don't let the pace car ram you in the rear...don't let the pace car ram you in the rear!" Good luck!!!
Tracy is so funny! I have never run a half marathon but when I did a 10 K in Hawaii with Tracy my biggest concern was not letting the pregnant lady pushing the double stroller beat me. Don't worry this will make you proud I totally beat her by a minute or something....
I am so proud of you and I will be the one screaming the loudest from California but I wish I could be there!!! Good Luck!
Just needed to say GOOD LUCK!!!! You are going to kick some serious butt! I'm so proud of you.
Sonni
Off the subject of running (congrats on that, too!), Congratulations on passing the bar! I'm Jennie's sis-in-law & I had to check back with your blog to see if you passed. I had my fingers crossed for you!
Man Cara you look sooo good!!! I love this picture!! I wish you luck!! I hope you realize that you are such a inspiration to me. I so want to be You right now ;-).
Post a Comment