Saturday, December 8, 2007

Revealing True Character

I know it's Christmas and I should post the picture of us decorating our tree instead of these....but the tree ones turned out so dang lame that you're going to have to either imagine us hanging our ornaments or come over and see the magnificence of our handiwork in real life. Your call. Anyway, I'm posting our Halloween pictures because I think they're awesome. Everyone chose their own costumes instead of me taking control (!?!) and insisting upon a theme and coordinating outfits. Hilariously, everyone was 100% typecast....





Zach was a brain. He came up with the idea several weeks before Halloween and I spent many an hour agonizing over the execution. In the end, he was thrilled and even won the Best Kid Costume medal at our ward party. Which is not an easy feat when most of the competition are 2 years old or younger.....at that age, almost any costume is a winner!





Abby was a hippie. I made her outfit and she drew the peace sign. I used the size large pattern and it barely fit. We had to cut the neck to get her head through (not a comment on the size of her head, I swear!) but she was very happy with it. She kept saying "Pe - e - e - ace...." in her best Drug-Induced Stupor voice. Proud moment for me, proud moment, indeed.




Rachel was a cheerleader. I couldn't have chosen an more "Rachel" costume if I'd tried. The underneath shirt was a belly shirt which resulted in an epic Boppy Rachel v. Modest Rachel conflict. Boppy Rachel thought that belly shirt was just about the awesomest little top ever and wouldn't it look so cute with her flare jeans and new boots?!? Modest Rachel was nervous that even well-hidden under the cheerleader dress, the inappropriateness of so much skin would somehow be discovered and she'd spontaneously morph into a Bratz doll. Modest Rachel won and the shirt didn't get worn alone.....in public. Boppy Rachel, on the other hand, tried it on approximately 1000 times in the bathroom with the door closed. And a closed bathroom door in our house is a rarity.





Spencer was an astronaut. He originally wanted to be something else (I can't remember what) but when he found out that Max, Uncle Dick and Aunt Sara's dog, was going to be an astronaut, he had to be one too. Everyone (Max too, I'm sure) was very disappointed that the two space dudes couldn't trick or treat together. I was just hoping Spencer didn't want to be William Oefelein, specifically. We don't need anymore crazy trailing this family, that's for sure.

2 comments:

takealetter said...

Love the blog!

Cassandra said...

Hi Cara!

Great blog. The kids are the cutest!!! I love hearing about all the fun things you are doing together.

You never stop!

Cheers!
Cassie