Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Sneak Away

Earlier this year, I took my kids on a Sneak Away to Arches National Park. Since the kids go to their dad's every other weekend, we don't Sneak Away as much as we'd like. We call these little escapades "Sneak Aways" because it feels like for just a little bit, we've snuck away from our responsibilities without telling a soul.


Of course, we always tell SOMEBODY and on this particular trip, my parents decided to join us for a day. The weekend was pretty crazy in that we live about four hours away from Arches and made the drive twice in 3 days, so we could go to church at home but still spend Saturday and Monday hiking and playing the sand. My kids still talk about how we did all that driving so I'm hoping it's one of those things that they remember for a very long time. And that they think of how much their mom must love them, in case they're contemplating embarking on a life of crime or ill repute, and they reconsider.

So the picture is of me, my kids and my mom. I'm the YOUNGER-LOOKING grown-up in the green hat. I look younger than my mom, don't I? Please?

1 comment:

terandfamily said...

Can come along on a sneak away sometime? That might be our best chance to get together.