Sunday, December 23, 2007

Pat Benatar a.k.a. Gram


Dick and Sara brought their Wii and we had so much fun playing Guitar Hero III that we got Gram so she could rock out too. She kept saying, "Just once more..." about 30 times. Seriously, I don't know if I've seen something as comical as my Gram rocking out to "Hit Me With Your Best Shot!" The color is really off in these -- my Dad may be old but he isn't dead, although his pallor would make one think otherwise. He can play the real guitar too well; he had to dumb it down so he wouldn't get boo-ed off the stage.

And then there was my mom.....The Woman With Absolutely No Rhythm At All. She did very well and looks like she might be singing along in this shot. When she got boo-ed offstage, she threw her arms down, so dejected, so demoralized! We're supposed to spend the rest of the week skiing -- I have a hunch that since she hates being cold anyway, she's going to practice and practice while we're all on the slopes. Then she'll challenge Dad to a guitar battle and slaughter him. That would be so dang awesome.


I elected to take the stage in my velour hoodie outfit because I'm only a rock star at night....and on this night I was dressed like a mom. So as to throw everyone off. Who would have guessed a mom could have such righteous skillz? Dick thinks my stance is like that of the bass player for The Who. I nodded appreciatively...no idea who that is.

Since it was just the adults -- my kids are at their dad's until 1pm on Christmas Day -- we could all have lots of turns. Although when the kids get home, we'll just ground them to their rooms so we can keep playing.

Thanks, Tom and Caleb, for sealing the deal on the whole Wii thing....it's a thing of beauty.

7 comments:

The Skeen's said...

YoYo you guys are straight up gnarley and definately down in the hood!!

WE will have to practice so that we can have a "rock off". I always suspected that Mom had a little Pat Benatar in her.

Love,
Linda

Ryan and Megan said...

GRANDMA WOULD BE FAMOUS IF YOU PUT THAT ON YOU TUBE!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan and Megan said...

by the way we have a Wii too (no guitar hero yet) but if you guys are ever up for a Wii tournament we can bring our two controllers over!

The Bornies said...

LOVE GUITAR HERO!! We just got Rock Band for Christmas and I'm pretty sure DCFS will be knocking on out door soon! Keep ROCKIN' girly!!
Happy New Year!!
Sonni

The Plewe Clan said...

I had no idea that Gram could rock out like that...wow she is just getting cooler with age!

Sara Baldwin said...

AWESOME. such a fantastic night.

can't wait to come visit and play again! luckily you'll be done with the bar by then... so we can have a serious play, err, i mean, rock-off! :)

Tracy said...

That picture of Gram is priceless! You are sure looking hot with the rock star look...no really! :)