Monday, December 3, 2007

Sick Day

Of course, Moms don't get sick days. Especially, single, full-time working moms.

Spencer was sick over the weekend. Rich called me at about 1:30 a.m. Saturday morning because Spen wouldn't calm down and kept crying for me. So he brought him down. I told Rich I thought it was inappropriate to have a sleepover with his girlfriend when the kids were there for the weekend. Now before you think I'm puritanical...well, never mind. You can think I'm puritanical all you want. I think kids should have a very high standard set for them and I don't think that having slumber parties with your girlfriend is the highest standard. Of course, there's more to Rich and Kim's history than just sleepovers....but on the outside chance that somebody besides me actually reads this, I'll leave it at that. I will say, however, that you SO WISH you could see what I typed and then deleted. Man, you wish it SO DANG MUCH.

Anyway....

I ended up apologizing for my 2 a.m. boundary-ignoring chat on the front porch and decided that I had reached a turning point. I had a really different journal entry typed today but upon re-reading it, it occurred to me that I need to stop thinking about Rich and Kim. I made my feelings for him clear on more than one occasion but to no avail. No more snotty comments (ok, I'll really try to dial it back...how about that?) and no more wasting emotional energy on things that I can't change. New life, eh?

On Sunday night, I had to pick the kids up because Rich doesn't have a car that fits everyone and Spen was obviously not feeling well when I got there. So Spen stayed home from school today and Rachel's teacher called my mom at about 2 and said that Rachel had been asleep for about an hour....so perhaps she didn't feel good. Really? She was fine when she left the house this morning but I guess 2nd recess did her in. So Grandma B. is stepping in (again!!) and will be manning the Sick Bay until this thing blows over.

No comments: